Replacing Honeywell T6360 with T3R wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm using the room thermostat T6360 and I want to upgrade to the wireless thermostat T3R. But, afterwiring it doesn't work.

Current wiring:
IMG_7392.jpg

Blue - L
Brown - N
Yellow/green - E

I'm using this wiring diagram for T3R:

Screenshot from 2022-12-14 11-05-57.png

Blue - L
Brown - N
Yellow - E
No wiring for A-B-C terminals

I see no light on the T3R receiver. The themostate wireless signal is connected, but when changing the temprature on thermostat, boiler heating remaining on, and never off.
With the old wiring to T6360, the Blue and Brown has power. But with T3R, there is no power for the Brown (N).

Does anyone has recommendation?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Have you put the receiver in place of the old thermostat? If so there is no permanent power.

Have you put the receiver in place of the old thermostat? If so there is no permanent power.
Yes, I put it with the wiring as in post #1, and the heating permanently on, never off.
Seems need someone can do the new wiring.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Whoever installed that thermostat originally didn't do it properly. So, it will never have worked as well as it should.

As has been said already, there isn't a Neutral, connected to it. If you look inside the lid of your thermostat you should see a wiring diagram for it. From the diagram you can see that the neutral should have been connected to terminal 2, and your terminal 2 doesn't have a wire in it.

R.jpg

You will also see from the diagram that the wires in 1 and 3 are both 'lives'. So again, a bad initial installation, someone has used a blue wire for a live connection. It should have been fitted with a brown sleeve to identify its true use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back