Replacing Hygena APP2102 Cooker Extractor Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hygena APP2102 Cooker hood has stopped working, it sounds as though the motor needs replacing. It's plugged into a FCU so I have got a near identical Hotpoint hood to replace it. I can't see any extraction trunking anywhere although there is not a carbon filter fitted (so everywhere is pretty greasy now).
I took one screw out of the back and two out of the top, into the base of the kitchen cabinet, and expected the hood to fall into my hands. But even with a good pull I've just removed grouting and the hood is still in place. I can drop the front of the canopy 50mm and see through the top duct hole part of the duct hole in the back of the case. But it still will not come out.
It seems free at the two ends but fixed somewhere near the cable exit.
It also puzzles me that where the motor casing goes to the back of the case there appears to be a band of masking tape around the motor casing. I can feel one screw head near there but it is inaccessible.

I would welcome any advice.

Sponsored Links
I had no replies after several days, so had another look. Gave another good pull and realised there was a daub of mastic holding the back to the wall. Another good pull and it was off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back