Replacing / Insulating Extension Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi looking for some advice on replacing an extension roof.

It has 0 insulation, almost no pitch with tiles, the felt is perished and leaking, a load of gaps i.e. between the door and the plaster board / plaster. It's freezing in there in the winter, and I've had to patch up the plasterboard where water has caused it to fall through. The ceiling height is low (I literally brush the top of my head on the light fittings!).

Is my understanding right in that if i want to increase the ceiling height, and replace the roof my best option is to:

Apply for building regs, arrange a party wall agreement, remove the existing roof, add a few extra courses of bricks, install a new roof (potentially a flat roof might be a better option)

Is it likely that i'll need to provide any structural calcs / have plans drawn up for this type of project?

Also if I was to replace the existing roof but not raise the ceiling height will this still require party wall agreement / building regs checks?

• Image from iOS (1).png
    Image from iOS.png
    Image from iOS (4).png
    Image from iOS (2).png
    Image from iOS (3).png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back