Replacing Kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
! am replacing my single tap kitchen sink unit with a two tap sink unit as I was told it would help the speed at which my taps would then deliver water from water tank in loft. I am looking on the internet at Clearwater stainless steel sink unit with two tap holes and roll front 1000 x 600. My kitchen worktop is 600mm wide with a curved front .but I’m not sure what Roll Front means, does it mean that Roll Front curves round the curved edge of my worktop? Also how is this type of sink unit isattached to the kitchen work top. Also any other helpful assembly tips would be appreciated. Can I find assembly instructions for this type of unit ? Any replies and advice most welcome.

Sponsored Links
That type of sink does not integrate with a worktop. It's designed to sit directly onto a base unit cabinet that's free standing.

Yes, it's a sit-on sink. There are some very posh ones. You can use it in a kitchen with worktops, you fit the sink on its (usually 1000mm) unit first, then put the other units, and their worktops, beside it.

It goes right back to the wall so you have less risk of water damage. A great advantage with oiled wood worktops.

Catering sinks are usually like that, but are thicker and deeper.

Sponsored Links
A good example of a roll front (contract type) splash back sink is one of these -

sit-lay-on-unit-roll-front-10-bowl-kitchen-sink-stainless-steel.jpg

The Astracast Bistro is a very stylish sit-on sink. It uased to be very expensive but has now been discontinued and I saw some at a low price.

This pic shows how the worktop is fitted beside it

but it has only a single tap-hole, so this is not one that suits you. The idea is the same though.

astracast-bistro-1-5-bowl-brushed-stainless-steel-kitchen-sink-accessories-rhd-p33685-165056_image.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back