replacing kitchen worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to replace old worktops in our kitchen. Do i need a corgi registered engineer to reconect my gas hobs? I am not moving the postion of the hobs so it is just a case of remove hobs fit new worktop and reconect the hobs.
Any advice gratefully recieved as not sure on new regs.
I have fitted a new kitchen many years ago and fitted my own hobs and oven with no problems (20 years ago)

Sponsored Links
Can't vouch for the regulations, but if I was in that position, I would certainly do it myself, making sure there were no leaks afterwards.

i;m not sure this is in entirely the right area to get the best reply. The projects sub forum doesnt get as much love as say the plumbing subforum.

however, i think you can do it yourself assuming you are disconnecting a bayonett fitting from the mains and then putting it back on again. AFAIK a gas man has to install them in the first place because they dont come with hoses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back