Replacing Mixer Taps.......Where the hell is the stop Valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya!
My mixer kitchen tap is "kapoot" and i have a new one to replace.....being a novice i know this is very daring but sadly little money and a need for clean water is required!
I have read all instructions etc understood everything and researched as much as i can before i take on this daring task but i decided to go under the sink to inspect the area and to allocate the main stop valve.

Because its a mixer, i expected two pipes which there are - one pipe (hot) has a main stop tap which required to be screwed
p1078207_l.jpg

but the cold water pipe has a three way joint which leads up towards the tap but also splits towards the dishwasher.

The MST is found on the piping leading to the dishwasher and i have checked high and low and cant see another.

Image of both pipes and both main stop valves
DSC00347.jpg

As you can see the right hand side is the cold water pipe and the valve is found off the threeway connection towards the dishwasher.
Would there be another MST on the cold water tap? i have checked everywhere and all i can see is the main water pipes which the tap pipes comes off from.

Sponsored Links
Turn mains off from outside.then turn cold feed to cylinder off run tap to wate does not come out anymore.
if you have a combi turn mains off from outside.

problem is i live in a tenement would that not mean that all water is turned off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back