Replacing old gas boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My boiler has packed up, but before I get the tradesmen in I would like some advice.

I currently have a very old gas boiler, photo attached which supplies 3 hot water taps

What is the best option when replacing this?
I have been looking at Combi boilers such as the Heatline Monza, is this the right thing?

Also could you advise of the labour cost and likely time scale this will involve?

Many thanks!,!!!

Sponsored Links
That's an instantaneous water heater. In poor condition. Looks to me like it's never been serviced, and there are signs of spillage. Get a registered gas installer to look at this now!! I see the cover is off - don't attempt to repair it yourself.
As for replacements - modern gas fired water heaters are still available.

Yes I will be asking an engineer to come in but I would prefer to purchase the replacement myself, any specific suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Looks like one of Rigsby's old cast offs.

Sounds like a dream job for some lucky fitter in the London area. :rolleyes:

You really are playing with fire on that one , for one it is not a central heating boiler as you claim , and it looks in a very dangerous condition, Do not turn it back on and get someone in that knows what they are doing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back