Replacing old Honeywell thermostat

BGT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an older type Honeywell thermostat like this
full

which I am trying to get off the wall. I have removed the screw in the side at the top right hand corner but cannot get the casing to move. What is the preferred method please?

Sponsored Links
The outer grey plastic cover will pull off,now the securing screw is loose.

Have to use thumb and fore fingers to apply pressure/squeeze just inside the 2 top and 2 bottom corners of the grey cover at the same time, this will disengage the retaining plastic lugs and it will pull/wiggle straight off.

Thanks Old&Bold. Took some pressure from my old arthritic fingers but managed to do it.

I guess the next question is obvious. I am planning to use a Honeywell CM907 programmable thermostat. The central heating system has a condensing boiler, hot water tank, pump, and an older Drayton programmer which does not allow you to time the heating and hot water separately. I plan to keep the water on continuous and use the twice per day times for the hot water, the CM907 will then control the temperature profile. There is just one diverter valve in the system.

Looking inside the old Honeywell thermostat it is wired as Red to terminal 1, Yellow to terminal 3 and Blue to terminal 2. What connections do I make in the CM907 please? Their installation instructions with wiring diagrams are here www.honeywelluk.com/Documents/Installation-Guide/pdf/1161.pdf

Sponsored Links
BGT

your next question is a New question and your better creating a new thread here or on other sites but consider how you will test any diy alterations that will satisfy your property insurance.

Not many people understand DiY and existing property insurance :idea:

TTFN

Hello guys please can I replace this kind of thermostat from honeywell to digital type I have searched for same couldn't find it's connected to package unit Tj 50-32 model please help

Attachments

• IMG_20240206_150203.jpg
    IMG_20240206_150203.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 47

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back