Replacing Old Loft Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace an old loft wooden framed window, it doesn't appear to be a Velux window and I would guess at it being 20 years old or even older.

It appears to be an odd size so I am wondering whether it is better to try and replace with a smaller window dimension or a larger window dimension?

My thinking is that it might be easier to go slightly smaller than the original and then fill the gaps rather than trying to make the cut out bigger?

Glass
980mm x 1020mm

Window Frame (40mm)
1020mm x 1060mm

Sponsored Links
Hi Martin
Is this an opening skylight? have you included the sash in those measurements?
What is the overall size?

This is an old sky light that pivots in the middle and does open, has a very old handle on it to open/close.

I have just remeasured and the actual window including the sash is 1100mm (h) x 1065mm (w).

Loft Window 1.jpg Loft Window 2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Any idea what the fitting cost would be on a window this size? Would I be right in thinking its a bit easier when its a replacement as the cut out is already there making the fitting a little quicker?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back