Replacing old programme thermostat with new one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently changing the old thermostat with a new one and have a couple of questions.

The old one only has two wires from the boiler (its a Icon 23T, it will be replaced in the near future). From the manual it says it is a volt-free switch, which is fine. The old thermostat is something called an ECO ET2 and the wires are in the COM and N/C terminals (it could possibly be N/O but at work ATM and my photographic memory is not that good).

The new stat has a multitude of terminals and is a SALUS EP101. http://www.salus-controls.pl/data/product/attach/ep101_-_eng.pdf

Using the Volt-Free wiring I would connect the wires to terminals 1 & 4, is this the correct assumption (assuming it is N/C). However after reading more around this I have come to the conclusion that the stat will not work as it does not have power (the old one had batteries). Does this mean that I will have to run a mains power to the new stat and connect at the relevant terminals?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Reece :D

Sponsored Links
It will need mains power connected to N & L to make the unit work at all, remove the mains link wire and then the volts free connections should be to terminals 3 & 4.

Cheers for the quick response. Guess it will be more than a 10 min job now. Good job the wife kept the old roll of wallpaper, chisel and hammer here i come. :p :p

Sponsored Links
Yes in this case a battery powered thermostat would have been easier to install. Still if you don't have to wallpaper the entire room that's a plus. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back