Replacing old Robus Thermostat with Honeywell T6360

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hello,

it’s me again. I need to replace our upstairs thermostat because the dial is broken. We had the Robus RRF10 (https://xpresselectrical.ie/product/robus-heating-cooling-thermostat-10a/ ). Our local screwfix didn’t have that brand, so I went for the Honeywell T6360 instead and am now confronted with different wiring.

Here is the old wiring: 3ECF3CC9-8426-4E3E-8733-040607992862.jpeg

Old wiring instructions: 55ECE97C-5E1A-4393-AFF0-8919E3128FD5.jpeg

new wiring instructions: 198F7120-4889-4B21-849E-972C92EF6BB0.jpeg

In short: I’m lost and need some expertise. Wires that are there: 1 blue wire, 1 brown wire, 1 black wire and in the wall was the green and yellow one, who wasn’t even connected with the old thermostat. Any advice?

Sponsored Links
You only seem to have a brown and a blue wire, the black links one terminal to another. If that's correct follow as below.

Brown goes to new term 1, and blue (suitably sleeved with a brown marker) goes to new terminal 4.

Hello, sorry my picture wasn’t too good…I definitely have also a black wire coming from the wall. You can see it better here: AA2D92EF-3F50-46F2-B434-AE15C17CB6FA.jpeg the brown one was in terminal 2 and the black one in terminal 3 (together with the other black one that connects to 5)

Last edited:
Then STOP right there. I didn't see the brown wire...

Does your old stat have a neon indicator? I suspect so.
Brown is live - to new terminal 1
Blue is neutral - to new term 2
Black is output - sleeve it brown and put it into terminal 4

Sponsored Links
Yes, it had an indicator light. Thank you, that’s done now! Another thing bugs me though: if I turn the boiler on (but leave the thermostat off), the boiler still fires up and the heating goes on upstairs. I checked the motorized valve downstairs and that opens only if I turn on the thermostat downstairs. However, if I checked the motorized valve upstairs and it doesn’t do a thing (seems to be open all the time): Could that be responsible for the heating coming on upstairs although thermostat off? Sorry if that’s basic question, in my head it all makes sense, but I just want to make sure. :confused:

Yep, if it’s open, and the microswitch is stuck, then there’ll be a demand all the time, regardless of what the thermostat is doing.

Update: Removed the cover to see what was going on with the valve opener. It seemed to be stuck. I turned the lever to manual and then back to automatic and it seems to work for now, but if it happens again I might change the thing after all. Thanks for all your help here. This forum is awesome. (y)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
On new stat live in is 1 live out is 3 and if there is a neutral it goes in 2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back