Replacing radiator - pipework not aligning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Replacing radiators in kitchen, and despite swapping the rads like for like, the connections don’t align (see picture, clearly the connection is facing the wrong way, it’s just for measuring up).

I can find tail extenders but I almost need a right angled tail to match the radiator (the height is fine).

Not really an option / confident to cut the pipe? Any suggestions?

Many thanks from a newbie!

Attachments

• B64ADC42-514D-43FA-8357-F85D3E5F7A82.jpeg
    B64ADC42-514D-43FA-8357-F85D3E5F7A82.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
I've found similar when replacing radiators - modern radiators seem to fit much closer to the wall than older ones and as a result the pipework is too far out.

As a starting point, the wall brackets can usually be mounted two ways round - if you look at the bracket from the top you will see one side is wider than the other and would push the radiator out slightly more. If you've mounted it with the wider piece to the wall, you should be able to rotate it and get a little bit more space to play with - though looking at your picture I'm not convinced that'll get you far enough out.

Alternatively you could fit a piece of wood between the bracket and the wall to space it out to where you need it.

Pipe it it with push fit plastic and drop the size down to 10mm which will flex enough to line up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all - bizarrely the left hand side broadly aligned AND the wall is out, so packed it at 2 different depths and it looks like it will go

Are you sure it was like for like and not imperial?

Are you sure it was like for like and not imperial?
No, the rads themselves were the same height and width, but newer ones just much slimmer (both double rads though). The position of the fittings might have been slightly different though

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back