1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing render

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by squowse, 24 Jul 2012.

  1. squowse


    21 Aug 2008
    Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi I have a 1905 house, there is the usual infill panel between an downstairs and upstairs bay window.
    This is made of bricks set in a timber frame. The textured render on the outside has cracks that I have attempted to seal but it is very ugly and I would like to replace it.
    Lime render sounds appropriate for the age of the house, but I have heard some horror stories about it retaining damp.
    How much of the existing render would I need to get off, tight back to bare brick? i would rather not have to do that if possible as I imagine it may be well bonded. Maybe a more modern product would be appropriate and I could get a thin coat to adhere?
    I would be interested in anyone's experience/thoughts.
  2. DIYnot Local

    DIYnot Local

    3 Sep 2019
    United Kingdom

    If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

    Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

    Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

  3. Sponsored Links

Share This Page