Replacing/renewing plaster on an artifical interior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I really would appreciate some help and advice for a quandary i have about the interior walls of my Mums house. The sectioning walls are stud walls. What looks like two walls in each room. Its a 14 year old house so it isn't like a full brick house of old.
I was miffed as to how i would replace the plaster on the artificial walls seeing as all plaster is fixed onto plasterboards and you can't take that off, hence all boards needing to be refitted. I thought of the simple answer but then i thought of the bigger picture.

Do i need to rip down the old plasterboard off the stud walls that the cracked/blown plaster is on, or do i simply fill those cracks, repair any large plaster gaps, sand the paint off the wall back to the plaster and apply fresh plaster over it? To me the latter seemed too simple and had the potential for major errors to occur later on. Which is why i started thinking about the fact that the whole lot needed to come down and rebuilt, then new plaster applied, new paint etc etc.

I've looked around but i cannot find anything the explains what i need to do.

Any help and advice would really be great.

Thank you in advance.

Dan

Sponsored Links
What you have calls for a professional on site to eyeball the condition of the skim. What other factors might be involved - studding, shrinkage, movement & various structural pressures can often be ruled out in a professional glance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back