Replacing rotten batons in stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, I have my first DIY project which is clearing up after cowboy builders.

About 2 years ago i had my bathroom re-done by builders - new everything. The shower is over the bath but the bath was not sealed properly and water started to seep through. This caused the floorboards in the room next door (bedroom) to rot and when i took the skirting board off the bottom horizontal baton of the stud wall had rotted and some of the vertical batons on the stud wall had rotted.

I need to replace the batons but am unsure of the best way to do this, would i just take off the plasterboard in the bedroom and try and replace batons or would this affect the bathroom wall?

I have resealed the bath and it is now water tight although when you push hard on the tiles that meet the bathtop there is slight movement, is this a problem?

I would be grateful for any assistance by way of advice.

thanks

Sponsored Links
If you intend to remove the rotten stud work it will effect the plasterboards on both sides of the stud wall. As the boards will be fitted to the stud work.
You may be able to remove the rotten wood by cutting them out but you will pull the screws through the board and the board would need to be screwed up again from the other side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back