Replacing Satchwell TLX 2356 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to replace my Satchwell TLX 2356 thermostat but not sure what I can replace it with, I checked the back of my current thermostat and two wires come out of the wall to it, a blue one to terminal 1 and brown one to termal 3, I can see a red wire in the unit but its not comming from the wall, do I need to worry about that or is that internal to the unit ?

As I only have 2 wires from the wall into the unit have I got was is referred to as a 2 wire thermostat in the screw fix catolgue, is all I need a thermostat that is 2 wire compatable ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I want to replace my Satchwell TLX 2356. ...I checked the back of my current thermostat and two wires come out of the wall to it, a blue one to terminal 1 and brown one to terminal 3,
Terminal 3 is 240v Live In to the stat and terminal 1 is the Switched Live to the boiler.

I can see a red wire in the unit but its not coming from the wall, do I need to worry about that or is that internal to the unit ?
If the wire does not go into the wall, it must be part of the Satchwell, so you can forget about it.

Have I got was is referred to as a 2 wire thermostat in the screw fix catalogue, is all I need a thermostat that is 2 wire compatible ?
Yes to both questions.

Most mechanical thermostats need three wires: Live In, Neutral and Switched Live. Digital thermostats only need two wires: Live In and Switched Live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back