Replacing sectional concrete garage windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Attached is a photo of one of four windows that I need to replace in my garage. I'm thinking of replacing them myself for basic double glazed units, but I'm wondering if there is anything that I should specifically consider when replacing them?

I think the lower edge sits on the top of the lower concrete section, but I'm not sure what's the best thing to use cill wise? I don't want to get water coming in. (In the photo, you can hopefully see the concrete behind the wood that's coming away.)

I've read in a couple of places about a metal frame being used, but there isn't anything obviously metal that I can see.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Garage Window.jpg
    Garage Window.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 851
Sponsored Links
Hi I'm in the same situation where I'm going to change the original windows but they are just glass panels in a section of concrete. Each concrete panel is 600mm x 1000mm. My question is how do you fix the window as I won't be able to drill the concrete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back