replacing sewage waste pipes underground (is flexible ok)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently my downstairs toilet developed a problem/blockage which fortunately was before our main sewage pipe for everything else
Anyway unfortunately I got a clearing rod plus tool stuck in the pipe and had to smash piping from underground in neighbours garden to get it out.
I was amazed by the price of osma fittings and so have used a couple of less thick flexible piping (the £20 type). Its all nicely sealed and cant go anywhere and neighbours garden restored. My question is this:

these fittings are definitely for the back of toilet to waste pipe but are they suitable for outside or will they have worn within a couple of years.

Not to worry if they do because I would lay piping in an alternative route to my main pipe but NOT under neighbours garden.

I would just like some assurance as to whether Ive done an ok job or a complete bodge.

thanks

Sponsored Links
:LOL: well ground pressure causes pitch fibre to become oval in about 20-30 yrs. so a couple of years and you flexi should be fluxey :rolleyes:

thanks for reply...
to be clear pipe concerned is only 1/2 to 1 foot below ground
protected by cement / bricks and wood over the top (ie even if someone stands there they will be standing on wood and the pipe should feel a thing
Back of terrace so no vehicles and unlikely that anyone would even stand there
I'm more concerned about internal wear over time and temperature outside etc
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back