Replacing shower door and frame parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I do maintenance for a yoga studio and I've been asked if I can replace the metal parts around the shower enclosure door and frame that holds the door. Here is a photo -
shower enclosure 2.jpg
shower enclosure.jpg

Any idea how I go about getting parts that will fit and fitting them pls? Sorry this isn't really a plumbing question..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Pic 2 looks like it's just the rubber seals around the door glass? Loads available on Fleebay/Amazon. Take old and measure, match up and replace.

Why does the metal frame need replaced? If it does then a new enclosure/door may be the best/easiest option.

Thanks! Yes the rubber seals around the door itself are easy to replace but the metal frame is the issue I'm having - the studio owners seem to have done things on the cheap and I'm pretty sure the bathroom fan isn't functioning properly because everything is mouldy/rusted including these parts. A couple of friends said the same thing as you so I have now advised them that this job probably entails replacing the enclosure entirely.

Rusted? Shouldn't be, most of these enclosures are made of alloy. That being said the fixtures may be rusting, screws etc but they are easy changed. So it may just be a strip down, clean/scrub with wire wool up and re-fit, hard to say not seeing it of course.

Sponsored Links
just looks like it needs a good clean (the door and frame look like they never have been!

You're right, here's a better pic. I think it's 'pink mould' -
sh1.jpg

Yup, shower needs a really deep clean and the door frame etc and seriously good scrub and new seals. Pink stuff and elbow grease is great at removing stuff like that.

If you really want the shower tray to look like new, get some old clothes/waterproofs and a battery gun drill and a buffing sponge attachment. Then get some car body paint cutting compound like T-Cut. Pour some compound into the corner and add a little water, then dap the sponge into the mix and spread it about, then power buff over the tray until the cutting compound is used up. Not too hard or too long as it can overheat and smear the finish. Then rinse it down and polish, you'll not believe how good it comes up. it won't get rid of any deep scratches so don't try but it will make a huge difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back