Replacing shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am trying to work out how to replace my old shower but it doesnt seem to have the inlet nuts that go between the shower bar mixer and the pipes/backplate which has confused me a lot.

Is it possible to have a shower mixer fitted without these bolts?
A few pictures below might give you an idea of what I am trying to describe!
It may be that the inlet nuts are behind/under the valve wall mounts? but there doesn't seem to be enough space to the tighten or un-tighten them..

Any ideas on how I can take this out would be much appreciated.

20171019_181555.jpg

20171019_181528.jpg

Sponsored Links
Here is one, but cant see much as the cover is getting in the way and there is no space to move it further out.
My suspicion is that they probably fit the shower first and then laid the tiles...
20171019_221625.jpg

Damn, was hoping there would be some grub screws under there. I think you're right, shower pre-dates the tiles

Sponsored Links
They've fitted the nuts, and then tiled up to them. You'd need to knock off a few tiles around the nuts to be able to get at them. Or, you're going to find a way of breaking off the covers (you're throwing the shower out) and then see if you can get at them. If you have an angle grinder, you may be able to hold the covers with a pair of mole grips. Not sure if you could take an angle grinder to the shower bar itself if push came to shove

So i managed to cut/break the pipe covers but I am not sure what they have done here.
Do you think the nuts are in the wall?
20171028_122525.jpg

Yes, they put the nuts on, then tiled, then did the covers. Remove the covers fully, and you should be able to get at the nuts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back