Replacing single oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My oven has just died - it's a nasty cheap one that came with the Mobens kitchen and has a reputation for exploding door glass - so I want to replace it with a half-decent one.

Firstly, the current one is 2.2kW and connects via a standard 3-pin 13A plug (though the flex is extra- thick with a solid core earth).

I'm going to look at an equivalently rated unit to replace it - but I'm finding it very hard to find hard info about whether or not the ovens come with plugs and flex on, or flex and no plug, or if I have to provide my own flex. All the manuals say 'qualified electrician only', while the PFY at homebase suggested they all come with 3-pin plugs as standard (for sub 3Kw single ovens).

Can anyone advise? And also possibly recommend a brank or model, or a brand or model to avoid?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It would be normal for a oven rated 2kw or less to have a plug already in-cooperated on to the flex. BS7671 (wiring regulations) mention within their guidance, that cooking appliances above 2kW should have a dedicate circuit, therefore should not be plugged in to another circuit. Although some appliances do provide a plugged flex when the rating is between 2kW and 3kW. In most cases it would be wise to follow the manufacturers instruction.

The Baumatic BO625SS is a decent oven at reasonable price, and their service engineers/cus services are really good when required.
If I recall correctly they also supply a free 2 yr warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back