Single Ovens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our oven has finally but the dust, and so it is time to buy a 'new' one. However, we are planning on a new kitchen over the next few years, so just need something to get us 'over the hump'.

Old oven was a Stoves 600 EF, Single Fan Oven with integral grill etc., and plugged into a standard 13A socket. It fits underneath our LPG hob and is built in.

I am looking at some on eBay, largely the sort of thing that comes with a new house, but the buyers have taken them out straight away.

Two quick questions...

1) Am I right in thinking that even if these were hard-wired in the past, I could just fit a 13A plug. My thinking is that it 'should' be OK, and the worst that can happen is that the fuse will blow. I'm only looking at a single oven / grill, so I don't think that th econsumption is going to be 'that' different.

2) More importantly, do I have to look for any special insulation on top to allow it to fit under a gas hob, or are all ovens insulated properly for the purpose of 'going under' things anyway ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back