Replacing socket?

Sponsored Links
So can connector blocks but you have no choice with Wagos or similar connectors.

You might not want all of them in the same side.

I’ve got this earth wire at the top but as you can see the end is on a bend & it feels hard & I don’t want to break it can I use something like pliers to straighten it out?
IMG_6764.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I am not an electrician, and so am happy to be corrected by the professionals answering... nevertheless, in my non professional capacity, I look at the likes of Wagos being safer when removing and rescrewing face plates. It would/might be fairly easy to make a plate fixing screw accidentally hit a screw in those terminal blocks.

It would/might be fairly easy to make a plate fixing screw accidentally hit a screw in those terminal blocks.
W------e------l------l - possibly but surely not if you don't position them under the screw-hole.

W------e------l------l - possibly but surely not if you don't position them under the screw-hole.

True, but I recently worked in a house where the fixing screw cut through the insulation on the switched live (thereby tripping the RCD whenever you tried to turn the light on).

That said, the above is not directly applicable to the outlined scenario.

There have been times though when I have removed the fixings screws for the purpose of wallpapering and the screws were 50mm long. It is quite easy to make the screw deviate when putting it back in.

Nevertheless, point taken, tnx.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back