Replacing solenoid valve assembly on a Heatstore Aqua Profile Plus shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been hearing a "buzzing" sound when running the shower ( sounds more mechanical than electrical but the buzz is definitely a 50 Hz one.) Contacted technical support who said it would appear to be the solenoid failing. While waiting for delivery of a replacement, I had a look at how it's installed and discovered that because the valve assembly is "L" shaped and slots midway into a moulded support bracket, this bracket would seem to prevent the vertical pipe of the assembly from being pulled downwards and out of the flow valve above. ( I discovered that the replacement consists of the complete valve assembly, which I felt I ought to change in case the valve mechanism itself was contributing to the buzzing. )

I wondered about pivoting it forwards out of the bracket but technical support are saying that I need to unclip the copper cylinder and loosen the internal switch/lever panel in order to pull the lot forward so I can then pull the solenoid valve assembly downwards. ( Their instructions regarding this were all a bit unclear and ambiguous. )

Has anyone any experience of this problem as I'm a bit nervous about loosening the entire switch/lever panel and the tech support agent's guidance as to how to remove the copper cylinder's retaining clip doesn't seem to work. ( He said push a flat bladed screw driver "down the sides" to free the latches.)

I'd be really grateful for any advice. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back