Replacing some external waste pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pics below show the waste pipe from a kitchen sink leading into the vertical soil stack. The problem is that the 90 degree elbow keeps popping off the pipe where it immediately exits the wall. The problem is due to the whole abomination being 'sprung' into place so it's constantly wanting to spring out of place.

So the question is how best to fix this. At the moment it's a combination of a 90 degree elbow and 45 degree elbow. It wouldn't be easy to adjust the position of the 'inlet' (for want of a better word) on the soilstack where it's bossed in, and obviously the part that exits the wall is staying where it is, so what can be done to sort it out? I've seen flexible waste pipes but these seem to be for internal use only.
DSC_2163.JPG
DSC_2166.JPG

Sponsored Links
Flo Plast WC23 40mm Universal waste adjustable bend -( in place of the 45.) From Screwfix.

Well I bought the adjustable waste as mentioned above plus a 90 degree bend, both in 40mm, however they don't fit!! What's in situ at the moment is Osma, and although it's stamped as 40mm/1 1/2 inch its too big for the parts I bought (which were Floplast).

Is Osma 40mm just not compatible with other supposed 40mm brands??!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back