Replacing switched wall light with an unswitched one

2 Mar 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Morning all.
I have a wall light with its own built in switch. It runs off an unswitched FCU spurred from a socket.
The wall light I want to replace it with doesn't have its own switch. Would it be possible to replace the FCU with some sort of switch and, if so, what type?
Sponsored Links
A switched FCU?

Blindingly obvious but who knows how long it would've been before it dawned on me?
Thanks, GaryMo for taking the trouble to reply. Switched FCU in place and new light working nicely!
Sponsored Links
Don't forget to change the fuse for one on 3A in order to downrate the circuit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local