Switched/Unswitched Wall Lights

D

Deleted2797112

Hi,
Probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway! I have 4 unswitched wall lights that are hard-wired into a 4 gang wall switch. I want to replace the lights and keep this arrangement - it's much easier to switch off at the wall than have to reach up and around furniture to get to a switch on each light. But, I can't find lights that I like that are unswitched. Is it OK to have switched lights controlled by the wall switch and just not use the switch on the light - i.e. the switch on the light would be on all the time?

Would the answer be any different if the property was to be rented out?

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Thank you - that's very kind! I thought it might be the case but wanted to check with an expert before spending money. The range of unswitched lights seems to be very small compared with switched and I was despairing of finding something suitable. I can go back now and look again at all the switched ones I liked but discounted.

Many thanks again!

What you are proposing is fine.

If the lights have pull switches then you can tuck the string up in the back of the light or cut the string off ensuring the switch is in the on position.

Sponsored Links
Thank you! That's a great tip - I'd much prefer not to have pull cords visible but hadn't thought of concealing or removing them. Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back