replacing switchmaster300 with Honeywell st9400c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The old switchmaster 300 that worked as a timer on my gas Rayburn is broken and I want to replace it with a Honeywell st9400c using just one of the channels. At the moment apart from the earth wires,there is the live and neutral feed fro the mains spur, then the live to the ch pump and Rayburn in position 1, and the neutral to the pump and Rayburn at position 2 on the Switchmaster. Positions 3 and 4 are unused. The lpositions of the live and neutral feed are shown clearly for the Honeywell.Can someone please advise me what position (1-4) the live and neutral to the pump and Rayburn should be connected to on the ST9400C.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Wiring connections for Honeywell ST9400c are as follows:-

L
N
1 = HW OFF

2 = CH OFF

3 = HW ON

4 = CH ON

So connect rayburn and pump to live to 4 and neutral to N

Sponsored Links
Thanks for spotting my mistake Doitail, obviously it should read, connect raburn live to 3 and pump live to 4 with neutrals connected to N. But he says that he only wants to use one channel?

Thanks for spotting my mistake Doitail, obviously it should read, connect raburn live to 3 and pump live to 4 with neutrals connected to N. But he says that he only wants to use one channel?

I was trying to figure out exactly what he was trying to do.

I assume the rayburn is on 24/7 and the programmer is for the pump when he wants the heating on. :confused:

Thank you both
Yes, Rayburn oven is on most of the time with its own on/off/heat setting control on the Rayburn. The ST9400C is just as a timer to control the central heating on the Rayburn and pump.
Thanks

Thank you both
Yes, Rayburn oven is on most of the time with its own on/off/heat setting control on the Rayburn. The ST9400C is just as a timer to control the central heating on the Rayburn and pump.
Thanks

Why not buy another timer @ a fraction the cost, or do you have a honeywell already.

I have just tried this. The ch pump comes on on the Heating Channel but the boiler comes on on the Hot Water channel. Should the Rayburn live go to position 4 (- with the pump live)?
Thanks

The Rayburn should have a permanent live.

T4 just brings the pump on.

Does the Rayburn do a hot water cylinder as well

Yes, the Rayburn cooker/oven heats the water too. There is an ?indirect circuit which is linked to the central heating system and this works on gravity if the central heating is off.
Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back