Replacing the Honeywell ST9420C programmer with Tado system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have my Tado heating working fine but I am struggling with the hot water side of things.

The extension kit is wired up as per the instructions I had from Tado but the hot water is not working.

My gut feeling is that the old Honeywell wireless receiver in the airing cupboard is now not in use thus no signals are being sent and received from the boiler (see attached photo).

Can anyone please advise me as Tado are just saying it cannot be done which seems ludicrous as the Honeywell was working fine?.

Thanks in advance

Adi

Attachments

• thumbnail_20180311_120146.jpg
    thumbnail_20180311_120146.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 322
Sponsored Links
Tado are correct - you need a wired thermostat to make it work, there's nothing to tell the boiler what temperature the cylinder is without that. Honeywell EvoHome will bind to that wireless cylinder stat, but Tado won't

Ok thanks - very annoying as the original Tado engineer said it was possible and I bought the system!

Looks like i'll have to setup the old Honeywell controller just for water :evil:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back