Replacing toilet syphon but there is another part between cistern and the main toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just a simple straightforward question which I hope somebody can answer.

I've managed to replace my flush valve by unscrewing the cistern and screwing the new part in and plonking it on the doughnut and screwing it all together.

A friend had trouble flushing their toilet and I knew they needed a new toilet syphon but I was a little put off taking the cistern off when I saw the existing syphon had been siliconed in. Now, I notice the question of "why is this siliconed?" has been answered so I'm not too fussed about that but I'm wondering what the deal is with this extra part of the toilet that joins the cistern to the main unit. If I unscrewed it, would there be a doughnut there I could just put the new syphon onto, or is it something different? From the placing of the screws it doesn't seem as if the threaded tube on the syphon would be able to fit? Or have I got it wrong? Thanks

new skool.jpg

Sponsored Links
Undo the wing nuts, leave the plastic part in situ undisturbed.

Syphon will fit, just like any close-coupled toilet.

You will probably need a new donut washer (make sure you get the right thickness), possibly new plate and bolts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back