Replacing Triton electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking at replacing the elctric shower in the bathroom as it's pretty pathetic.

The model is a Triton 'Brazilia', 8kw.

How easy/difficult is this going to be to replace? I gather going for a like-for-like might be best, i.e. another Triton.

Would it be possible to replace with a more powerful model? They seem to be sold as 8.5, 9.5 or 10.5kw models - any recommendations on what would be best?

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
You'll need to upgrade your cable, but it's a job for a Part P registered spark.

As previously said, check the size of cable you got coming from your board, if your looking toward the more powerful end of scale your going to need 10mm cable. I managed to swap a triton for a triton, it sounds daft but i just looked for one that looked the same! On opening it up, in essance it was exactly the the same shower just a different model name!
Is a mixer shower out of the question? I would never go down the electric route any more.

Sponsored Links
Yes, we have a combi boiler.

Although a mixer would be nice I think it would be out of the question as it would need replumbing and I'm not wanting this to be a huge job - I'm happy to do a replacement job but I'm not keen on pulling the tiling off as I don't think it'll be worth it for this flat long-term.

What's the best way to test if the cable is going to be suitable for a more powerful shower, and would this need testing even if going from the current 8kw to a new 8.5kw unit?

Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back