Replacing undercabinet lighting with LED

2 Jul 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom

We currently have linkable T4 fluorescents under our kitchen cabinets. They've been a pain over the last few years since installation as tubes don't last more that a year or two. I could try to find better quality tubes, but I'd rather replace with LED strip lighting.

I've found plenty of these on the web, but when I ask the following question I haven't had any useful replies as yet.

The existing AC supply, switched via a wall light switch, was installed by a qualified electrician under part p regs. I fitted the under cabinet fittings myself, and I want to simply take these away and replace with LED strips. As the AC twin and earth comes out from behind the cabinets and into junction boxes under each cabinet, I need to connect the DC adapter to the mains, without using a bulky plug which would show.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links