Replacing Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how easy it is to replace the blue switch that you use to top up a combi boiler?? Mine has split but not come off but its not working and i need to top pressure up. Could it be done without phoning a plumber and if not how much should it cost??? Also we had a prob with cold radiator which now seems to have fixed itself but our combi keepos loosing pressure and we are topping it up every few days, i have tightened all sides of rads but its still loosing pressure help me please.

Sponsored Links
Presumably the plastic lever has broken off the filling valve. You should be able to turn the spindle using a spanner on the flats, but really you need to replace the whole filling valve.

But it sounds like you need a heating engineer anyway to sort out the leakage. If you want to try to sort that out yourself you could try searching for the many previous posts dealing with similar problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back