REPLACING WARMFLOW PROGRAMMER WITH HORSTMANN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I often visit this site for help and information, but this is my first post.

Just under a year a go I moved into a neglected older property in need of a large dose of TLC and I'm slowly working my way through a numerous number of improvements. The property is heated by an old, but working Warmflow oil fired boiler. The boiler, with its built in timer/programmer, is in an out building (probably the old coal shed) and therefor has the inconvenience of having to go outside when ever a change in the timer/programmer is required.

Before the onset of winter I'm hoping to install a new timer/programmer and this is where i need help.

The boiler's built in timer is a Warmflow's PC1 (TM-0521) which can time/program hot water and heating.
The replacement timer/programmer is a Horstmann H27XL (familiar with this from a previous house) which will be wired from the boiler to a position in the house.

Is anyone able to give me advice on the rewiring of the replacement?

Some diagrams are included below.

Wiring diagram showing how my built in programmer is currently wired (slight error - connections labelled at 7/8 should be 6/7 as seen on back of programmer).
upload_2021-8-6_18-1-19.png

The Horstmann wiring options
upload_2021-8-6_18-3-59.png

The Warmflow programmer
upload_2021-8-6_18-5-43.png

upload_2021-8-6_18-6-27.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Looks like,
Dhw:
5-1
3-3

Ch:
8-4
7-6

The others removed as they are linked from the live..

Is 1 - 6 in the middle a wiring strip/center? If so you can utilise the common lives from their to 2 & 5 at horstmann, or remove them and put new ones in. L & N self explanatory.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

Before seeing the replies I had a tinker and found that the arrangement shown in the diagram worked for me.

Attachments

• HORSTMANN.JPG
    HORSTMANN.JPG
    290.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back