Replacing wireless thermostat in a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has lost the program wireless thermostat for her Worcester boiler .
Can anyone tell me if we can buy a replacement and will it work straight way with the receiver that is still connected ?

Sponsored Links
There was is seems some wireless thermostats using a frequancy which caused problems, so the latter versions used a diffrent frequancy, so it is a case of trying and see what happens.

Hi thanks for the replies,
There is a receiver next to the boiler screwed to the wall.
A local engineer has suggested a new thermostat and receiver will need to be bought and engineer to wire in receiver to the boiler .
He has quoted £140-£150 to supply and fit .Does this seem a reasonable price ?

Sponsored Links
Well, the thermostat and receiver will typically be at least £70, so the price sounds reasonable to me. I'm also not aware that the two parts are available separately.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the replies,
There is a receiver next to the boiler screwed to the wall.
A local engineer has suggested a new thermostat and receiver will need to be bought and engineer to wire in receiver to the boiler .
He has quoted £140-£150 to supply and fit .Does this seem a reasonable price ?
I would like to think existing wiring could be used so no engineer needed for inside the boiler?

Certainly if the OP or his daughter feels able to do this then I would agree. It is a simple job for anyone who has done any wiring job before, and has a few basic tools.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for the replies would probably feel fairly confident in replacing a like for like receiver ( photographing the wiring first is a good idea)
But other good news is that the daughter has now found the missing thermostat ( will not say where it was ) I have photographed and taken details of the thermostat in case the same thing happens again .
Was thinking of getting a spare like for like thermostat just to test if it works with the receiver that is now in place.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Oh I had that problem with my mother, before fixing to wall I had this IMGP8037.jpg thermostat as free standing, idea was put in room she was using, and TRV would stop other room over heating, I found it in a draw.

But the problem was it lacked a fail safe, this 84067_P.jpgone had a fail safe, if the thermostat not seen every ½ hour it would switch off, but the other one could stay on, before I had set the TRV's and lock shields correctly I walked into the room at 30ºC where it had failed to receive the off command.

After that I set the TRV and lock shields, and the wall thermostats rarely turned off in winter, the boiler did what it should do and modulated, so the room temperature remained more stable, using the TRV's seemed to remove the hysteresis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back