Replastering in old property - building regs for insulation?

26 Sep 2013
Reaction score
South Glamorgan
United Kingdom
I am in the process of purchasing a property build in 1898. It needs a lot of work, and one job is re-plastering. This is a mid-terrace property with solid brick walls. I need to re-render the rear of the house (the front isn't rendered, and cannot be. I also need to re-plaster in most of the rooms.

Will these changes mean i need to meet the 0.30 u-value regulation?

It's a very small property (sub-75sqm) which i'd rather not be losing 10cm+ from each wall in insulation, and the added expense of it all.

If i do have to insulate to 0.30, is this just for externally facing walls? Can i get away with not doing the connecting walls for the terrace?

(also, does anyone happen to know at what point it becomes necessary to meet flooring and roof regs for insulation?).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local