Reply From C & G Re Confusing Question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a read of this, guys:

CGLetter-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
yes mabye if you post the question and possible answers if its multichoice we might agree with you.

Sponsored Links
I can't exactly remember the question. But I remember there was one question which I found very confusing & left it to the end. At the end, I still had plenty of time left but could not work it out.

Cant help but fell short changed from this post. Full of promise and intrigue...Stop teasing, what was the question ???

Just like the one question that tripped me up in the C&G 17th update exam... :cry:

That question was:

In metallic construction with regards to the depth of cable, what are RCD's required for?

a. Lighting only.

b. Sockets only.

c. RCD required for everything irrespective of depth.

d. RCD's are not required.

That to me is confusing. Anyone else agree?

Is that getting at a metallic stud wall?
If so, C would be the most appropriate but there are other ways of meeting the requirements than RCD protection so you could sway towards D :confused:

Or does it mean a cable constructed with a metallic sheath which is buried in a wall? ;)

In which case it might be A,B or D depending on what the cable is supplying

Or does it mean a cable constructed with a metallic sheath which is buried in a wall constucted with metallic 'studs'?

In which case it might be A,B or D depending on what the cable is supplying.

Or does it mean a twin and earth cable which is buried in a wall constucted with metallic 'studs'

In which case the answer would be C

I know the actual intention of the question, and the correct answer, but I agree it is very badly worded, and from the present wording there is infact more than one correct answer.

I know the actual intention of the question, and the correct answer, but I agree it is very badly worded.

Now I'm really confused :confused:

I think you should divulge that piece of information in good time for my August 2382 update course!

I will do later. I think it will be interesting in the mean time how others on this forum interpret the question, and which answer they choose.

Well I think that the question means it has been installed in metallic conduit complying as a CPC!
So the answer is therefore D. (sockets - lets all use powerbreaker sockets :LOL: )

Well, guys!

Yes, that was ONE of the confusing questions I faced recently, but the one you are debating is not one from the C&G.

I genuinely cannot remember the question from the C&G paper that threw me.

In any case, it was not the technical aspect of the question that confused me, but the way it was worded: gramatically, I felt it was ambiguous.

i have no idea. i was going to guess c , in context with 17th update but then i read it says irrespective of depth so ....??? what is the metallic construction referring to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back