repositioning of radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm currently converting my separate toilet and bathroom in to one. However, my bathroom radiator is on the dividing wall and I want to replace the rad with a new rad/towel rail on another wall.

Any tips on how I go about this? If its any help the CH system is not a combi.

Cheers.. :eek:

Sponsored Links
i've done a couple myself...u'll need to drain down / take rad off..lift floorboards and cut the pipe back to under the floorboards and cap them (white pushfit will do nicely temporarily) fill system.
take ur wall down (easy part !! :evil: )
dress the rad..trv? and rad valve..follow intructions on packet
when ur ready to hang rad.....hang it.
one bracket first....considering how low or high u want the rad to hang. measure across and hang 2nd bracket with spirit level (so rad hangs horizontal)...hang it.
either guess or cut some 15mm pipe and use to mark the floor where the pipe will go thru the floorboard.
connect pipes to valves thru floorboard hole and connect to existing pipes (the ones u cut back)....try and tidy up under the floor..cut pipes back and make a +_ direct route etc etc...
any specific questions post again.
consider a clean and inhibitor as a finishing touch

awww, console yourself with the thought that 1/2 of its is bull.

Not necessarily JPC of course

Sponsored Links
Visit small tank in loft. If there's a tap on the input, turn it off. Othewise tie the ball up so the valve is shut.
Then find drain cock somewhere low on the system. Could be outside, could be you haven't got one :( Attach hose and undo DC. Often they leak out of the top and are terribly slow cos the washer sticks and the water only has a tiny hole to come through.
You only need to drain down to the level where the action is. To save wasting inhibitor, close both ends of rads to trap water inside. Leave lowest rad open so water can get between the pipes.

Could write a book on complications when draining/refilling CH!

I have similar problem, but moving the rad to the oposite wall, my questions is: can I use plastic pipes (15mm) and push-fits instead of copper ones?
Thanks

the same used for high pressure cold/hot water, it has double wall, is this called 'barrier' pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back