Repressurise Falcon Combi-Boiler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My boiler is not working and the 'insufficient pressure' light is flashing. The pressure valve shows it is just below 1. I have spotted a drip coming from one of the pipes that must be causing the loss of pressure, and will therefore be calling a boiler repair person to come and take a look.

In the meantime I need to increase the pressure so the hot water and heating will come back on. I am having some trouble finding the 'braided filling loop', the isolation knobs of which I believe I have to turn? I have found something that could be it, which was located a bit of a way down from the boiler. I have attached a photo. It isn't braided though, it is a smooth grey pipe. There are red and blue isolation knobs connected to it I think.

Thank you!

Hannah

Sponsored Links
Best to insert the photo into your post.

That looks like the washing machine hot and cold pipes and the grey corrugated waste.

In all likelihood the filling loop would be steel braided. One end maybe disconnected as that is supposed to be a regulation after using it.

Looks something like this. http://www.hvacwarehouse.co.uk/boiler-filling-loop

Commonly under CH boiler.

Thanks for the reply.

Can't see a steel braided hose anywhere. I wonder whether there isn't one attached at all?

I've inserted a photo of the pipes immediately under the boiler - can you see anything there that the hose should be attached to?

Thank you for the help.

Hannah

Sponsored Links
Nothing visible in the shot of the underside of boiler photo.

That is where it would "normally" be. There are always exceptions.

What about further down the pipe work out of the shot. Is it in a cupboard - have you removed everything for visibility.

It could be somewhere else like under a kitchen or bathroom cupboard I suppose - if ch pipes pass nearby.

There would have to be some means of filling, otherwise the system couldn't have been filled to start with.

I suppose the braided hose could of been entirely removed, which will mean you'll have to locate it or buy another but you need to find the location on pipe work of the threaded connections with valves that it would attach to.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back