repressurising megaflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I just checked the pressure gauge on the small red tank next to my megaflo and found that the red indicator was on 2.5 and the black indicator was on 1. In my foolish attempt to repressurise the system I have managed to get the black indicator down to 0 (by turning a red round knob). After much googling I still can't find how to repressurise the system.
Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
The red knob you operated is a Pressure Relief Valve, so what you actually did was relieve pressure/open a tap and remove water from your system.

To replace the water, you need to look for a 'filling link' - a silver, braided hose, usually with 2 taps, and open one at a time, whilst keeping an eye on your pressure gauge.

You want your pressure to 1-1.5bar, then bleed your radiators.

To repressurise a MegaFlo tank, you will need to completely drain the tank to replace the 'bubble', but this is more of a job for a Plumber.

Sponsored Links
To repressurise a MegaFlo tank, you will need to completely drain the tank to replace the 'bubble', but this is more of a job for a Plumber.

No its easier than that
the instructions are usually printed on a sticker on the cylinder but basically you

1 turn off the cold supply to the cylinder
2 open the lowest hot tap
3 hold open the relief valve until water stops flowing from both the hot tap and tundish ( can take a while so use a set of stilsons to hold it in the open position if you have any)
4 close the relief valve and open the cold feed to the cylinder,
when water starts flowing from the tap turn it off
Job done

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back