repurposing a mattress....not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so i just finished the process of buying a mattress online and FINALLY got my new memory foam mattress. unfortunately, the company didnt do mattress removal so i was left with my old mattress. thinking that i am a regular martha stewart i DESTROYED the mattress and tried to make a sort of collage board (as i had seen on pinterest) but it came out more like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artofrecycling/5707321013/

next time just hauling off my old mattress to the dump.... :oops:

unless someone has better ideas for what to do with an old mattress?

Sponsored Links
It depends what condition it is in.

If it is still usable, not stained with bodily fluids etc then offer it on Freecycle and someone who has no mattress at all might be glad to come and take it away from you.

Saves you having to dispose of it, gets them a mattress to use and saves it from going to the tip.

Win win all around.

ok that sounds cool. I just need to know as my family are changing their old spring mattresses for ones similar to mine. Think they like the memory foam mattress thing but not so much the crazy art piece I was trying to make :oops: Ill have a look at this site, thanks alot!

I freecycled our old matress although as the chap who collected it was saying people are now using freecycle to try and get rid of rubbish. He'd looked at some matresses that he wouldn't let a dog sleep on.
As to the artwork, I'm all for recycling and do a fair bit myself but I think the key line under the picture is "created by preschool students" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Its all down to an accurate description and if your offered something that turns out to be total rubbish I.E. a pee/blood stained mattress with holes and stuff hanging out of it - then report it to the mods.

Back