Requesting full plans from Building Control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been told it may be the case that the local council Building Control will hold more detailed plans of my house. I have looked at what was submitted to planning online but there is only 1 document which is a floor plan drawing and front/side elevation drawings.

Is Building Control likely to hold additional plans that detail more of the construction, insulation etc..? Or is what is on the planning portal online everything?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Phone them up and ask! They don't (usually) bite! ;)

If this is a legacy build, it's possible that not everything has been scanned in?

Even if they do exist, whether any more documents can be found in the archives, is another matter!

I daresay they will look albeit at your cost, that said I'm not sure the copyright is carried to any future owner. Probably depends on which authority and who you happen to speak with when you ring them.

Sponsored Links
Building control application drawings are not public documents like planning drawings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back