Reset or zero accelerator pedal position.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2018 Peugeot Expert for my work, 40 thousand ish miles on it.

What irritates me is that the accelerator pedal has to be moved nearly a centimetre before it actually does anything. You get used to it eventually, but I keep nearly stalling it when switching from my car back to the van!! :oops:

There's no accelerator cable of course, so how do you "zero" or tare the home position, as it were?

Thanks,
rsgaz

Sponsored Links
You can try this Audi trick - with no guarantees whatsoever....
Ignition on
Slowly press the pedal to the floor and hold for a couple of sec
Slowly let the pedal release
Ignition off.
Normally this works if the pedal is sticky - i.e holds the car at a fast tickover. I wouldn't have thought your van was old enough for this though, if it's behaving well enough.
John :)

Hi John,

Thanks for the idea. No dice though unfortunately, I just tried it. Any other options?

Only a trawl of the net mate.....thing is, maybe they are all like that :(
I've replaced a couple of pedals but they both had obvious faults, usually dud tickovers.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Probably a "reset learned parameters" job on a diagnostic tool.

The pedal will be self calibrating I would have thought.

First thing would be to look at pedal position on the diagnostics while slowly operating it.

Cod be the pedal is acting normally but the "lag" is caused by the PCM (engine brain).

dumb question . is there a rubber stop on the pedal rest position thats fallen off or something , that would take the unresponsive travel out of the pedal?
is the van responsive and driving normally otherwise?

Back