Resetting Honeywell G2-20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have one of these alarms fitted in our house (new build), but the zones are set up wrong and we don't have the engineer code. Alarm company are refusing to help without taking out an expensive subscription.

Is it worth trying to reset the whole system to factory settings and setting it up from scratch myself? Or is that so complicated to do that I might as well pay the alarm company?

Sponsored Links
Honeywell can be a bit difficult to setup but I'm sure there's plenty of help on here for you should you attempt some DIY. There should be no need at all to take out a subscription in order for them to reset it. Avoid those national companies as they are waaaay over priced and can be difficult to work with. The best thing might be to contact a local alarm company/engineer who will be able to reset the panel for you and program the zones as you require. Alternatively there are instructions on how to default/reset these panels (although not really in the public domain and this information causes some controversy between people here)

If it's a new... New build get on to the builder if it's part of the sale to sort it ....if it's wrong

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back