Resident in Relocatable Property

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Well trolled Himmi. You've reeled plenty in with that bait. 10/10.
Yet not one has any knowledge to offer of the legal situation, nor any counter information about the illegality of residents in relocatable property.
Which suggests that my original argument is true, that it is not legally possible to be a nomad in Britain in the 21st century.
Every one must have a permanent address.
If one is, by birth or adopted culture, a nomad, one automatically is an illegal.

In fact no-one has considered the original point of the thread. Merely presented numerous accounts of their own perceptions.

Sponsored Links
You're still refusing to address the issue raised in the OP, the creation of an illegal minority group by successive legislation.
If you persist in persecuting a minority group of people, what do you expect of them? To respect your laws, the laws that have created their illegal status?

Not designed intentionally for that purpose.
Can we be sure of that?
I doubt if we can, especially the recent legislation to make it easier to evict Gypsies.

If that is a consequence then, like millions of others who want to do illegal things, they will have to change.
It wasn't illegal for the first few centuries of their existence. The legislation has been designed to alienate them.

Democracy ???
Do Nomads have a vote?

Can we be sure of that?
I doubt if we can, especially the recent legislation to make it easier to evict Gypsies.
Either way, you must be saying that certain people do not have to abide by the law of the land.

It wasn't illegal for the first few centuries of their existence. The legislation has been designed to alienate them.
Times change.

Do Nomads have a vote?
Even if they do, a tiny group would not win anything democratically. That's how it works.

Either way, you must be saying that certain people do not have to abide by the law of the land.
I suspect you might be familiar with the concept of government alienating a group and whipping up prejudice against that group. Public opinion follows and justifies the government legislating more harshly against that group, causing the group to have no alternative than to either conform or to ignore the legislation, leading to further 'anti-social' behaviour, leading to justification of even harsher restrictions, ad infinitum.

Times change.
And some groups have little culture to loose and conform. Others refuse to conform. It's always been thus.
Who initiated the problem?
Other countries do not have the problem. The minority group can live within their society.

Even if they do, a tiny group would not win anything democratically. That's how it works.
They might have 'champions' in the political system. As it is their voice can be inconsequentially ignored, even alienated even further, with little or no public opposition. Even, due to the enforced anti-social practices, these further restrictions are supported, leading to further enforced anti-social behaviour. Eventually, the minority group are legislated out of existence.

Well, they still exist so can't have been legislated out of existence so maybe your fundamental premise is wrong.

There are old fashioned ones - with horses and caravans - here (in Portugal because that is what 'here' means when I use it) and there was one in Wimborne, Dorset who turns up for a few weeks every year, park by the side of the road on wide grass verges and leave no mess.

Perhaps expecting councils to provide lorry and the largest mobile home parks and clear up afterwards paid for by everyone else is unreasonable.

I suggest that it is you that is misguided by media reports:
My evidence is witnessed by me..Not media reports..You ain’t listening dude..How many times do you need to be told the same thing before it implants in your memory?

Many more than 2 interactions. And in other countries,

I have found most true Gypsies to be friendly and not a cause for concern as they respect the land where they park.
They show little to no respect for countryside or people in Co.Durham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back