resin fixings-fiddle time

M

munchingB

hi all

i have put 9 holes along a 3600mm clunch wall which i will be filling with resin and threaded rod to take a 6x2x3.6 wall plate.

just wondering very quickly if someone is about to advise on the way to do this?

i dont want to embed the studs in the wall and slip the wall plate on to find out that all the studs sit squiffy and the plate doesnt go on.
is it possible/is there time to fill all the holes with resin, put up the wall plate(supported by 2 posts at present) and then put the studs in through the wood into the clunch wall?

being a clunch wall of uneven surface my only other option is to extend the length of the nozzle and fill each hole through the wood and into the wall one at a time...but thats another way id rather avoid as i dont fancy losing bits of pipe down my holes and there is still the chance that the first cured hole will not allow alignment for the last
: /

hope that makes sense?

cheers

Sponsored Links
When we used the Hilti fixing system we had about a minute with the first cartridge set and about three minutes with the (fresher) second lot.

Not a lot of time at all really. The first one actually heated up, it cured that fast.

haha! that was fun : /

complete fluff up!

put studs in resin filled holes

quickly try to wangle timber 3 metres up ladder-not happening so shout at girlfriend for 1 minute to get up other terrifying ladder to grab other end of wall plate and help out. never gonna happen : (

pull studs out-shove wallplate in correct place and hammer studs through wood into wall losing half the resin in timber itself.

am now hacksawing hammered ends off threaded studs to get nuts and washers on...

half seem to have set ok considering...

will pull out whatever is happy to come out and refill with resin next time.

do not try this at home!

Sponsored Links
How about dropping the temporary position of the wall plate by 3" + 1/2 the diameter of your studs. Now you can inject your holes with resin and push in the studs that will rest on the top edge of the wall plate and you can ensure that they are at right angles to the run of the wall plate. When the resin has gone off. fix on the wall plate. Looks like each stud should be progressively shorter when in the wall, so you can hook the wall plate onto the longest stud at one end , then the next longest and work your way along the wall plate.
The other method is to use the glass cartridges of resin which you push into the hole, put up the wood then use the stud to smash the cartridges, like :- http://www.screwfix.com/p/fischer-resin-capsules-ml/72026
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back