Resistance calc

Thanks for the hands up.
Still curious to know is where you got 24.35 from? Or was it just a guess?

Sponsored Links
Nijinski001 said:
Thanks for the hands up.
Still curious to know is where you got 24.35 from? Or was it just a guess?

As far as I can see the value of 30.20 mohm/m was somehow divided by 1.24 which is the R1+R2. 30.20/1.24 = 24.35.

this calculation is a mistake.

This was made very clear by BAS, on his very own expressive way... ;)

Diyisfun said:
Albert...SPOT ON...on BAS as well. :LOL:
End plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze

This was a reply to Nijinski001 , Sorry about that, it might be that I fail into winding-up exercise.... :cry:

Sponsored Links
Nijinski001 said:
I realised my decimal point error after posting. Even an incompetent like me wouldn't dream of putting 41,000 mtrs of cable in a house.
Still a decimal point error - the figure was 41000 km, not m.... ;)

This is beginning to look like a vendetta. It isn't, but you might like to make sure you know where your coat is.... :)

Diyisfun said:
I am not a sparkie I am a DIYER
Shouldn't make a difference when it comes to doing calculations. If it does, you ought perhaps to reconsider whether you should be DIYing electrical work.... :confused:

Albert said:
I don't think you can use a "difference in units of measure" to explain away a completely barmy calculation of 30.2 ÷ 1.24.

I am impressed!, where do you find the time to find where this number came from... :?:
Didn't actually take me any time.

If you look back, you'll see that my first answer was "IHNFI".

Later, I suddenly thought "Ah - hang on - is it 30.2 ÷ 1.24?":-
Continuity testing on 1.5mm T/E. A reading of 1.24 MOhm ...My tables (9A OSG) say 1.5/1.0 T/E is 30.2 mOhm/metre...
And lo, it was...

Heh hey... genius!!!
We can all put our coats back. Your powers never cease to amaze me BAS. I preferred the first response though (IHNFI) It showed a greater degree of humanoid falability.

;) ;) ;)

ban-all-sheds said:
Albert said:
I don't think you can use a "difference in units of measure" to explain away a completely barmy calculation of 30.2 ÷ 1.24.

I am impressed!, where do you find the time to find where this number came from... :?:
Didn't actually take me any time.

If you look back, you'll see that my first answer was "IHNFI".

Later, I suddenly thought "Ah - hang on - is it 30.2 ÷ 1.24?":-
Continuity testing on 1.5mm T/E. A reading of 1.24 MOhm ...My tables (9A OSG) say 1.5/1.0 T/E is 30.2 mOhm/metre...
And lo, it was...

And imagin how good you could be if you would not drink... :LOL:

ban-all-sheds
Diyisfun wrote:

I am not a sparkie I am a DIYER

Shouldn't make a difference when it comes to doing calculations. If it does, you ought perhaps to reconsider whether you should be DIYing electrical work....
As in M or m

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back