Resonable Quote for this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, yes, it is a quote question...but...with measurements! Not just a random stab in the dark one.

So, I am looking at getting:

1 x french door. Opening size: W225cm H228cm -Full Door Opening: 150cm With top openers on the partial length sidelights. I will probably retain some cill on the lower half of the sidelights. This does require some brick removal and lintel.

1x Kitchen Window: W103cm, H113cm with a top opener and larger bottom opener.

1 x Bedroom Window: W223cm H133cm, in a traditional 4 pane split. With two bottom openers and two top.

1x Bathroom window: W101, H115cm. With a top opener (maybe a bottom opener too).

1x toilet window: W39cm, H84cm with a small bottom opener.

1 x landing window: W55cm, H148cm, with large bottom opener (H101cm, W46cm)

Windows would be a Eurocell profile. Lock on the French door would be a ABS Avocet style lock. It would be standard double glazing with warm spacer bars etc.

What ball park would be be talking?

Anything I should consider?

Are there usually any options for slightly tinted windows? Should I consider laminated glass for the french door?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
there are plenty of places online where you can enter all of your parameters and get a quote for the supply of the unit.

Whenever i budget for windows, i use this as a guide, plus about £200 per day for fitting and usually my local window bloke is cheaper than what i've calculated for supply and fit ( guess he gets them much cheaper than i could)

https://windowsanddoors.co.uk/

Thanks,

I'll work my way through that to see what comes up.

I found a few sites like this before but they would not let me calculate anything without sending it off to get a quote or something.

luckily this one gives you an indicative price, you do have to 'apply' for a proper quote but i've always found it to be close enough. If you go to a big window / door company prepare to double / triple the price

Sponsored Links
I just got a measure-up from a good local company, so very curious as to the difference. Factoring in fitting, which is an important component.

Last edited:
So, if I have chosen the correct spec, it comes in at £2500. If as you say, factoring in £200 for fitting then that is around £2700 - £3000 if we allow some margin of error.

If the local company come in close to that, then I am good. Although they have shop overheads, they manufacture everything in-house (as far as I am aware) so there is some quality control. There is a few minor alterations, brickwork and possible lintels required. So, factoring in those too.

Wow, Knock through fit lintels, French doors with 2 sidelights and five windows in a day for £200. Superman has really dropped his prices lately.
I would take a week on that with 2 fitters @ £200 per day each and probably a builder for a day to help with the lintels. Plus cost of lintels, plastering,building control sign off on the lintels, Fensa certificate & insurance policy, fuel, Fixings, Trim, Foam, Profit. £5-6k would be more realistic.

Laminated glass would add around £20/m2. If your worried about security then yes its worth doing.
Quality of the fitting is more important than the quality of the windows.

Thanks Gazman

I hoped you would reply as you are a eurocell guy as far as I remember.

Yes, as I thought, factoring in the possible lintel and minor brickwork, and things I mentioned at the end of my last post, your figure does indeed sound more realistic.

I am always cautious of french doors without laminated glass. It is such an easy entry point (happened to my neighbour). In my mind, there is no point having the best lock when it can be immediately bypassed with a brick. At least laminate will slow them down.

Also, is there anything I should look out for/remember to ask that people generally forget to check before installation?

I just realised I prefer things like full openers rather than the easy clean half way hinges, so will have to contact them and ask. Things like that.

Many Thanks

Who was the local company?

My local supplier in Derby called framefast do eurocell, theyre supply only but if you need them fitting their sister company called trade windows would do it.

They've just started offering ultion barrels as an upgrade for £15 per door or £45 if you just wanted to buy one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back