Resonating noise produced by tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The tap in the kitchen produces a deep resonating noise when on. I can avoid or minimise the noise by turning the tap down (the same sometimes happens to the sink tap in the bathroom). The resonance seems to be at its loudest from a pipe leading into the boiler which is just inches away from the kitchen tap. Can anyone here provide a possible explanation? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
If it's a simple compression washer type tap, then it's the jumper vibrating......if it's a ceramic insert type then I don't know.
John :)

When you have this problem leave the tap running and press firmly on top of every other tap in the house.
The one that stops the noise is the faulty one. Replace the cartridge.

If it's a ceramic (1/4 turn) then it's worn and needs replaced. It usually happens where the water pressure is good to high

Sponsored Links
I can attach only a still. I can't find a button on here to attach a video.

Attachments

• Video.MOV_028.png
    Video.MOV_028.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 38
You need to create a media gallery under your ID. upload your video to that and then link to it in your post. You can only add media links directly from a website like youtube etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back