Restarting Combi Boiler (Baxi 860) after Water Leak / Empty Mains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We got no water at the moment as there is a leak on the mains in the street and our internal pipework ran at least partially empty. Our (rather new) Baxi 860 Combi is upstairs, probably amongst the highest points in the pipework. Is there anything I need to watch out for when restarting the boiler? Do I need to get air out of the water inlet (if so how?) before a call for hot water or is that not a problem?

Sponsored Links
If the main is off then run the largest tap you have that is full bore ( outside tap) until it stops spluttering and runs clear, run full open for a few minutes at least, that should clear your supply and minimise any grit/crap etc getting near any other tap/filter or the plate HEX in the boiler.

Thanks a lot. About the air I don't need to worry then? No risk of airlock or burning out the heat exchanger?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back